woensdag 27 maart 2013

Wrap Deformer and Blend Shapes on a solid mesh in Maya

So since the last Blend Shape tests on the block-out models I have been working on the solution to get the Blend Shape deformations from each seperate body piece to one solid mesh.

After some researching I managed to come accros a thing in maya called a wrap deformer. Which I started to test around with. It seems that you can combine the seperate body piece from the human form block-out and keep the blend shapes that have been applied to them. This makes it possible to apply a wrap deformer if you still have the first solid mesh.

-

I tested this wrap deformation out on a combination of four pieces, the head, ears, neck and torso. It did mean I had to rework the block -out pieces in a way that made sure the vertices where ones connected.

The result can be seen below.





Like with the blend shape test it gave me the possibility to deform the mesh from human to bipedal werewolf form. But the wrap deformation also gave me the possibility to adjust the whole mesh keeping the mesh on solid object. This can be seen below.





The wrap deformer seems to be a great succes to create blend shape deformation in maya on seperate pieces and making sure they apply on the solid mesh. It basically means you can create a blend shape based transformation in maya on a whole character model.
I can image that it is definitely possible for a low poly character to have a real-time character transformation.

However the question still remains if it can be used in UDK and this is what I will test later this week.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten